So saucy, so sticky, and just so darn good! The chicken is perfectly tender with chunks of fresh pineapple, pepper and onion!
Happy July 4th!
I hope all of you will spend your day sunbathing, barbecuing and eating lots and lots of hot dogs.
We will be at a Dodger game, eating lots and lots of Dodger dogs, of course.
But since that’s a night game, most of our day will consist of these BBQ pineapple chicken kabobs!
With a super simple garlicky-bbq-teriyaki marinade, the chicken comes out so beautifully saucy, sticky, sweet and sour.
Combine that with chunks of fresh pineapple, red bell pepper and onion.
It’s just absolute perfection, especially with an ice cold margarita in your other hand.
BBQ Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine barbecue sauce, teriyaki sauce, garlic and ginger. Reserve 1/2 cup and set aside.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine barbecue sauce mixture and chicken; marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight, up to 8 hours, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade.
- Thread chicken, pineapple, bell pepper and onion onto skewers. Brush with canola oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Add skewers to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 10 minutes. Brush skewers with reserved barbecue sauce mixture, cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/07/03/bbq-pineapple-chicken-kabobs/">BBQ Pineapple Chicken Kabobs</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.