The lemon garlic butter sauce is simply perfect! Pair with a glass of wine and crusty bread for the best 30 min meal ever!
Why does grilled food taste better?
Is it because we grew up roasting marshmallows, and then picking off the charred off bits, which were clearly the best parts?
Because that’s exactly what’s happening here.
The charred, smoky, grilled shrimp is just so much better than stovetop shrimp!
Maybe it’s the grill marks. Or maybe it’s the garlicky, lemon butter sauce.
Or maybe it’s the wine or the crusty bread to soak up that garlicky goodness.
I simply don’t know.
Grilled Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 lemons, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir in shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes until fragrant, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Brush with 2 tablespoons butter mixture.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Add skewers to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and opaque, about 3-4 minutes. Add lemons to grill, cut side down, during the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with remaining butter mixture, garnished with lemons and parsley, if desired.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/07/09/grilled-garlic-butter-shrimp/">Grilled Garlic Butter Shrimp</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.