The quickest 25 min meal ever! This is so simple yet so amazingly good with fresh tomatoes, basil and burrata!
I have never really liked the Summer season.
It’s always too hot. You’re blinded if you ever forget your sunglasses. The AC breaks down and the repairman isn’t available. You forget sunscreen on your feet and they burn like no other. And you bake for hours on end at a baseball game.
Nope. I’m clearly not a summer gal at all.
That is, until now.
This summer pasta has cured all of my summer miseries. Every single one of them.
Yes, I will bake at a Dodgers’ baseball game as I did last week. It was so hot we left at the top of the 2nd inning.
I hope Summer stays for a little while longer. Because this 25 minute pasta is pretty stinking epic.
You won’t believe what you’re in for. It looks super simple and basic – but don’t be fooled by it. The slightly bursted cherry tomatoes coupled with the fresh torn basil leaves and dollops of burrata are legit bomb.com.
And if you’re feeling like a daredevil, I would use bucatini instead of the spaghetti.
Summer Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Burrata
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 3 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well and stir in 1 teaspoon olive oil; set aside.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add tomatoes, garlic, shallot and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to burst and have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in red wine vinegar; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve spaghetti immediately with tomato mixture, topped with burrata and basil.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/07/17/summer-spaghetti-with-tomatoes-and-burrata/">Summer Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Burrata</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.