The BEST ever homemade creamed corn! The absolute perfect yet easy peasy side dish for all! So creamy, so velvety, so amazing.
Hold, please, while I faceplant myself into this pool of the creamiest creamed corn ever, smothered with all the crispy bacon one can want.
It’s absolute perfection. And it’s the only side dish I truly care about during the holidays.
That’s why I rush over to the creamed corn to serve myself before anyone else can get to it – mainly because I always like to steal all the bacon bits on top. It’s pure gold.
I’m a genius, I know. Because it’s all about strategizing this holiday season. Nothing else.
Stovetop Bacon Creamed Corn
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups half and half
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 (16-ounce) bags frozen yellow corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Reserve 1 tablespoon excess fat; transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Melt butter in the skillet. Add garlic and shallot, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in half and half until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in sugar; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in corn; reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until thickened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with bacon and garnished with chives, if desired.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/12/04/stovetop-bacon-creamed-corn/">Stovetop Bacon Creamed Corn</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.