The easiest mac and cheese of your life! No boil noodles, no condensed soup! Completely homemade and SO GOOD!
It’s a miracle, guys. It’s mac and cheese without any of the fuss!
Now this recipe will come in particularly handy during the holidays, especially because it doesn’t take up any oven or stovetop space!
I’m serious. Even the uncooked pasta gets cooked right in the actual crockpot!
Plus, there’s no condensed soups, no velveeta, no nothing. This bad boy is completely homemade, and it’s so stinking creamy, it’ll get you weak in the knees.
And I threw in some broccoli because I guess we’ll need some veggies in our diet. But you’ll barely notice it. PROMISE.
Just be sure to keep a close eye on this. It’s best to serve immediately (as with most mac and cheeses) and to avoid keeping this on the WARM function as it will continue to cook in the slow cooker.
Simply serve, devour, and nap. That’s what we did!
Slow Cooker Creamy Broccoli Mac and Cheese
- 12 ounces medium pasta shells
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- Place pasta, 1 cup cheddar cheese and cream cheese into a 4-qt slow cooker.
- Stir in milk, evaporated milk, Dijon, paprika, onion powder and 1 cup water, making sure the pasta is submerged as much as possible; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 90 minutes, stirring every 30 minutes until tender.* Uncover and stir in broccoli; cover and cook on low heat for an additional 30 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in remaining 2 cups cheddar cheese until melted, about 2-3 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed.
- Serve immediately.
*A brand new 4-qt Crock-Pot was used for multiple recipe testing. Results and time can vary by brand, size and longevity of your slow cooker.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/12/07/slow-cooker-creamy-broccoli-mac-and-cheese/">Slow Cooker Creamy Broccoli Mac and Cheese</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.