The most amazing Fall morning breakfast! Perfectly sweet and spiced using thick slices of bread that just melt in your mouth!
I can never choose between French toast or pancakes.
Sometimes, it’s pancakes. Other times, it’s French toast. It really depends on my mood, I guess.
But when it comes to Fall pumpkin spice French toast, pancakes do not stand a chance. Nope, none at all.
Pumpkin French toast will win every single time.
With the super thick brioche (or Challah bread) slices that just soak up every single ounce of pumpkin heaven, these are simply perfect.
All you need is a fresh dusting of confectioners’ sugar and syrup.
Sorry, pancakes. Maybe you’ll have a shot after the Fall season.
Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 11/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 loaf brioche or Challah bread, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt. Working one at a time, dip bread slices into the egg mixture, allowing to soak for at least 10 seconds.
- Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, add bread slices to the skillet, 1-2 at a time, and cook until evenly golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining bread and butter.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, garnished with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/10/07/pumpkin-spice-french-toast/">Pumpkin Spice French Toast</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.