The MOST HEAVENLY pumpkin donuts! So moist, they just melt-in-your mouth! Coated in melted butter and cinnamon sugar. It’s perfection!
Pumpkin spice lattes. Pumpkin cheesecake. Pumpkin cookies. Pumpkin cupcakes. Pumpkin bread. Pumpkin scones.
You would think I’ve OD’d on pumpkin by now but I still need more pumpkin this season, and these donuts hit that mark just perfectly.
It’s a cross between pumpkin bread and a donut. So really, it’s just a piece of cake in disguise in donut form.
It’s soft, it’s crumbly, it’s melt-in-your-mouth heaven.
And when you coat it in cinnamon sugar and melted butter – oh. my. goodness. You’ll pray for Fall to stay and never ever leave us.
I already skipped dinner and had four of these.
Don’t tell Ben. We said we were doing the wedding diet together but I broke a few days ago. Sorry!
Pumpkin Cake Donuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a donut pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and vegetable oil on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla until just combined. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture at low speed, beating just until incorporated.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a round piping tip or a large Ziplock bag with the corner cut off, pipe the batter evenly into the donut pan. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until donuts are slightly browned and spring back when touched.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- When the donuts are done, cool for 10 minutes and brush the tops with butter, gently tossing in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/10/24/pumpkin-cake-donuts/">Pumpkin Cake Donuts</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.