A super quick dinner made in 25 min! It’s so hearty, filling, and low-carb, yet the family will still be begging for more!
Every time I make lettuce wraps, I think to myself:
Why don’t I make this more often? I’m cutting down on carbs. I’m eating more greens. I’m consuming less calories, and I feel like I’m losing weight right this second.
That is, after I pour out every last drop of the peanut sauce on top of my “carbless” lettuce wraps here.
Hey, we all need that balance. And these chicken lettuce wraps is that perfect balance.
It’s a simple, super quick stir-fry featuring ground chicken and veggies topped with a gingery peanut sauce that is legit out of this world.
I’ve made this 4 times already. One time I forgot the butter lettuce at the store. But don’t worry. I didn’t go back to the grocery store.
I just grabbed the skillet and a spoon. See, problem solved.
Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 head butter lettuce
For the peanut sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce, or more, to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- To make the peanut sauce, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce and ginger in a small bowl. Whisk in 2-3 tablespoons water until desired consistency is reached; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil and sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground chicken, mushrooms, carrot and shallot. Cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in hoisin sauce, chili garlic sauce and fish sauce until heated through, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style, drizzled with peanut sauce.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/09/18/peanut-chicken-lettuce-wraps/">Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.