Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Walmart. As always, I only partner with brands that I love and truly believe in, allowing me to create more quick and easy recipes to get us through the week without breaking the bank. All opinions expressed are my own.
Mexican elote is served up right in these hearty bowls with whole grains, pico de gallo, black beans, avocado and so much more!
I have been completely obsessed with these bowls.
It’s hearty, it’s filled with plenty of veggies and produce, and well, hello, we have everyone’s favorite Mexican elote here!
The corn is made irresistibly creamy with mayonnaise, cotija, cilantro, chili powder and zesty lime juice. Yes, yes and yes.
But more importantly, look at all the other fun goodies in here!
Featuring a homemade pico de gallo, romaine lettuce, avocado, more cilantro and more lime wedges, we can easily get all of our fresh produce right at Walmart for these AH-MAZING bowls.
Walmart has locally-grown produce (which varies by location) so be on the lookout for all the farm-to-shelf groceries to pick the freshest, perfectly ripe ingredients.
Because, yes, these Mexican street corn bowls is where it’s at. K, thanks.
Mexican Street Corn Bowls
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
For the corn
- 4 ears corn, shucked and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Juice of 1 lime
For the pico de gallo
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Add corn to grill and cook, turning occasionally, until cooked through and charred, about 10-12 minutes; let cool before cutting the corn kernels off the cobs.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add corn, jalapeño, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until corn is heated through and jalapeno is tender, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in mayonnaise, cotija, cilantro, chili powder and lime juice; set aside.
- To make the pico de gallo, combine tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions.
- Divide rice into bowls. Top with corn mixture, pico de gallo, romaine, black beans and avocado.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro and lime, if desired.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/10/09/mexican-street-corn-bowls/">Mexican Street Corn Bowls</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.