This is an absolute must for your Thanksgiving holiday menu! It’s so easy and so good with the sage-butter and crisp bacon bits!
Say hello to your new favorite Thanksgiving side dish for 2018.
It’s mashed sweet potatoes with maple, sage and bacon.
This is such a fun twist to the usual mashed potatoes – but to be honest, I think it’s actually way better.
Hello, we have sage butter mixed right in! I’m sorry but no, you can’t top that. Not to mention, the crisp bacon bits right on top.
It’s absolutely perfect. And I’ve been eating it by the spoonful for recipe testing to ensure you get the very best mashed sweet potatoes this holiday season.
See, I take my job very seriously you guys.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 3 1/2 pounds medium sweet potatoes
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Place potatoes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool before peeling.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Drain excess fat; transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Melt butter in the skillet. Add garlic and sage, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Using a potato masher, mash potatoes until smooth. Stir in maple syrup and 6 tablespoons reserved butter mixture; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with remaining butter mixture and bacon.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/11/06/mashed-sweet-potatoes/">Mashed Sweet Potatoes</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.