Soft, tender, oh-so-flaky biscuits the whole family will love! With crisp bacon and maple syrup, what could be better, right?
Anything that has the word maple in it is already a winner in my book.
Maple cookies, maple scones, maple donuts, maple cupcakes, maple butter.
All win, win, win.
And now, we have maple biscuits, which is basically the next best thing since sliced bread.
These bad boys are warm, tender, and so perfectly flaky. I mean, look at all those layers!!!
But the best part is not the bacon, not the maple syrup, and not how perfectly sweet and savory they are.
It’s how these biscuits are served: hot out of the oven, brushed with all the maple butter goodness in the entire world.
Maple Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Drain excess fat; transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a large bowl, combine bacon, flour, cheese, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Grate butter using the large holes of a box grater. Stir into the flour mixture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk and 4 tablespoons maple syrup. Add to the flour mixture and stir using a rubber spatula until a soft dough forms.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 1 1/4-inch thick rectangle. Cut out 12 rounds using a 2 to 2 1/2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter. Place biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet; place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove biscuits from freezer. Place into oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup and butter.
- Serve biscuits warm, brushed with the maple-butter mixture.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/09/26/maple-bacon-cheddar-biscuits/">Maple Bacon Cheddar Biscuits</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.