The BEST soup made SO EASILY right in your pressure cooker with the crispiest tortilla strips! So good + so comforting!
Chunky sweaters. Homemade tortilla soup. Crispy tortilla strips.
Ugh. Life is good. Too good.
That, and, well, we’re headed to Las Vegas to see Backstreet Boys!
Backstreet’s back, alright!
This was my favorite childhood band ever, and growing up as a very sheltered child, I never went to a single concert of theirs. So don’t mind me while I scream out my lungs at Planet Hollywood tonight.
Until then, I hope you guys find the chunkiest sweater for this soup. It’s so perfect – it’s made in the Instant Pot (which basically means this is the easiest recipe ever), and the chicken is so amazingly tender, it just melts in your mouth.
So grab a spoon and all the crispy tortilla strips you can find.
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 6 (6-inch) corn tortillas, sliced in half and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine tortillas and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place tortillas in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven bake until golden brown and crisp, about 10-15 minutes; set aside and let cool completely.
- Set 6-qt Instant Pot® to the high saute setting. Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, onion and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin and oregano until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in chicken and chicken stock; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions. Remove chicken from the Instant Pot® and shred, using two forks.
- Stir in chicken and cilantro until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately, topped with tortilla strips and avocado.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/11/02/instant-pot-chicken-tortilla-soup/">Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.