Yes, you can make yogurt at home! It’s cheaper and 100x creamier! You’ll never want to buy store-bought yogurt again!
What? Yogurt in an Instant Pot?! Um, yes, 10000 times yes!
The process sounds like it’ll take for-ever, but really, this recipe is so stinking easy with like 4 minutes of hands-on time (legit, 4-5 minutes) – it’s basically effortless. And fool-proof.
Now why bother making homemade yogurt? Well, for starters, it’s 100000x better than store-bought. Seriously. It’s creamier and substantially less tangy. With zero-sweetener.
Plus, you know once you go homemade, you can NEVER go back to the store-bought version. NEVER EVER EVER.
And for that, I’m truly sorry.
Well, not really.
How to Make Yogurt in an Instant Pot
- 8 cups whole milk*
- 1/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- Add milk to a 6-qt Instant Pot®; close and lock the lid. Select yogurt setting; adjust pressure to boil. This can take up to 1 hour.
- Working carefully, cool the Instant Pot® insert in a bowl of ice water, stirring occasionally, until the milk reaches 100 to 110 degrees F, about 15- 20 minutes; set aside 1 cup milk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt and reserved 1 cup milk. Stir into remaining milk, being careful not to scrape the bottom of the insert.
- Return insert into the Instant Pot®. Select yogurt setting, set automatically at 8 hours.
- Transfer to storage containers; cover and chill until cold, about 6-8 hours, or up to 10 days.
*2% milk can be substituted.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/08/28/how-to-make-yogurt-in-an-instant-pot/">How to Make Yogurt in an Instant Pot</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.