Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Kettle Brand. As always, I only partner with brands that I love and truly believe in, allowing me to create more quick and easy recipes to get us through the week without breaking the bank. All opinions expressed are my own.
The coziest, most comforting casserole! With caramelized onions, rotisserie chicken, pasta and the best cream sauce!
So I feel like the end of November/December are pretty much the best months ever.
Well, the weather starts to cool down (meaning 60s for us Los Angelenos) and the chunky sweaters and Ugg boots start to come out.
That means all the cozy, comforting casseroles also make an appearance at this time, hence, making these the best months of the year, especially when a French onion casserole is involved.
Yes, we just totally casseroled French onion soup!
Now don’t be intimidated by the cook time here. The only hard work per se is caramelizing the onions, which takes 15-20 minutes. After that, you’re using rotisserie chicken (hello, easiest shortcut ever) and other ingredients you typically have on hand for the most heavenly cream sauce of your life.
The best part is that you get to top this bad boy off with crushed Kettle Brand Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper Potato Chips.
And let me tell you. Yes, the cream sauce is gold and all but the chips make this casserole what it is. It’s perfectly salty and crunchy, making it the perfect complement to this cream sauce nirvana, and you’ll want chips in every single bite, desperately chasing it around with your fork as best as you can.
French Onion Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large sweet onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups Kettle Brand Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper Potato Chips, lightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Melt butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add onions, and cook, stirring often, until golden brown and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk in flour and garlic until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Stir in wine, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in chicken stock. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, chicken, sour cream, 3 tablespoons chives and parsley; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with potato chips.
- Place into oven and bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with remaining 1 tablespoon chives, if desired.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/11/25/french-onion-chicken-noodle-casserole/">French Onion Chicken Noodle Casserole</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.