The best weeknight meal! With perfectly cooked fish, cilantro lime rice, pico de gallo, avocado, and THE MOST epic cilantro lime dressing!
Hello to my new favorite meal of 2019.
I’m serious. I will be eating this all year starting now until the end of 2019. I mean, hello, fried fish taco bowls? Yes, yes, 1000%.
Now please don’t be intimidated by the ingredient list. It seems like a lot but don’t worry – there’s a lot of overlap between the cilantro lime rice and the best ever cilantro lime dressing.
And you can always take some shortcuts by using store-bought pico de gallo. No judgment here.
I just ask that you don’t skimp on the cilantro lime rice! The more lime juice, the more cilantro, the better.
Oh, and the tortilla chips. Yes, you’ll definitely need those for snacking and “spooning” purposes!
Fish Taco Bowls
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup canola oil, or more, as needed
- 1 pound fresh cod fillets, cut into 3/4-inch thick strips
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups Panko*
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup pico de gallo, homemade or store-bought
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced
For the cilantro lime dressing
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- To make the cilantro lime dressing, combine cilantro, Greek yogurt, garlic, lime juice and salt in the bowl of a food processor. With the motor running, add olive oil and vinegar in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions. Stir in cilantro and lime juice; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season cod with chili powder, salt and pepper, to taste. Working one at a time, dredge cod in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add cod to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Divide rice mixture into bowls. Top with cod, cabbage, pico de gallo and avocado.
- Serve with cilantro lime dressing
*Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb and can be found in the Asian section of your local grocery store.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/12/29/fish-taco-bowls/">Fish Taco Bowls</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.