10000x better (and faster) than take-out! And the chicken is perfectly tender with the creamiest, most flavor-packed sauce ever!
Ben has been out of town, which means two very important things.
One. Butters is sulking hardcore, waiting for his dad. Even though I’m the one that’s been feeding him, walking him, and loving him every single second.
Two. I have no one to share this chicken tikka masala with. So I’ve had 3 bowls already and it’s only 3:56PM. Oh, and I’ve also had maybe 5 pieces of garlic naan to sop up all that creamy sauciness.
So here are my tips.
Make sure you have naan for serving. And make sure you make this when your husband is out of town. Because you won’t want to share this.
Easy Chicken Tikka Masala
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken and onion to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, garlic, ginger, garam masala, chili powder and turmeric until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce and chicken stock; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately with rice, garnished with cilantro, if desired.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2019/02/08/easy-chicken-tikka-masala/">Easy Chicken Tikka Masala</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.