Butter, mushrooms, shallots, garlic and thyme make for the perfect creamy, rich mushroom stroganoff! Made in just 30 min. EASY!
I had to recipe test this a dozen times.
That’s right. That’s 12 times.
Which means I had this mushroom stroganoff for dinner for 3 whole weeks.
And nope – I’m not complaining about this at all. I’m just telling you that this stroganoff is the most perfect stroganoff I have ever had. So yes, you can have it for 3 weeks straight.
It’s amazingly creamy, it’s perfectly rich and it’s dream-worthy buttery.
But most importantly, it has so many mushrooms!
This is essentially a mushroom cream sauce, which is just bomb.com on its own. You can give me shoe leather with this sauce on top and I’ll devour it no problem.
But no, the pasta shells will be just fine here, right?
Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 large shallots, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and shallots, and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and browned, about 5-7 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in garlic and thyme until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute
- Gradually whisk in beef stock and Dijon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and sour cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan until melted, about 1 minute. Stir in parsley; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2019/02/06/creamy-mushroom-stroganoff/">Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.