Indian butter chicken is made healthier + heartier with nutrient-loaded cauliflower! Just as creamy and flavorful, if not better!
I feel like I’m somewhat on track with this new year, new you situation. I’m just 2 weeks late. Sorry, but the red pepper shells was just too good of an opportunity to pass up.
But that’s okay. It’s all about balance, right?
So it’s one night of the creamy red pepper shells, and then another night of this utterly creamy butter cauliflower bowl.
Balance, balance, balance.
And you don’t have to feel guilty about these cauliflower bowls at all.
Cauliflower is a nutrient-packed powerhouse. So don’t feel an ounce of guilt when you balance this all out with perfectly toasted naan, sopping up all that sauce.
I mean, we just agreed. It’s all balance, no?
Butter Cauliflower Bowls
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in ginger, garam masala, chili powder, cumin and tomato paste until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce and vegetable stock; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1 minute. Stir in cilantro; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with rice.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2019/01/13/butter-cauliflower-bowls/">Butter Cauliflower Bowls</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.