So flaky, fluffy and buttery! With crisp bacon bits, sharp cheddar, black pepper + garlic. These are simply THE BEST!
I know I should really be focused on this wedding diet and all. You know, the whole shredding-for-the-wedding business.
But really, all I care about are these biscuits – the biscuits loaded with all of my favorite things — crisp bacon bits, extra-sharp cheddar cheese, garlic and black pepper.
I’ve had these all week. So I think it’s safe to say that this has consumed my life now.
Because I can’t help but think – how can I incorporate more butter into these biscuits?
Do I just slather with melted butter on top, or do I just schmear with softened butter once I open these bad boys up? Do I do both?
Decisions, decisions, guys.
Black Pepper Cheddar Bacon Biscuits
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, frozen
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Drain excess fat; transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a large bowl, combine bacon, flour, cheese, parsley, baking powder, pepper, salt, baking soda and garlic powder.
- Grate butter using the large holes of a box grater. Stir into the flour mixture.
- Add buttermilk and stir using a rubber spatula until a soft dough forms.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 1 1/4-inch thick rectangle. Cut out 14-16 rounds using a 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter. Place biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet; place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove biscuits from freezer. Place into oven and bake for 14-17 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/08/21/black-pepper-cheddar-bacon-biscuits/">Black Pepper Cheddar Bacon Biscuits</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.