The best + easiest old-fashioned macaroni salad to bring to all the BBQs/potlucks! Everyone will be dying for the recipe!
We all need a good classic macaroni salad in our back pocket. One that we can always bring to backyard BBQs and potlucks. And one you can also make up to 2 days in advance.
But most importantly. We need it to be creamy. We need it to have tons of veggies. And we need plenty of extra-sharp cheddar. Keyword being plenty.
So that’s what we have here. We have the four very important elements right in this classic macaroni salad (make-ahead, creamy, veggie-loaded, and an abundance of cheese).
It’s quick, simple and make-ahead for up to two whole days! Just be sure to give it a good stir prior to serving.
Best Ever Classic Macaroni Salad
- 2 cups elbow pasta
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3/4 cup diced extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Stir in peas during the last 1 minute of cooking time; drain well and rinse with cold water.
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Cover eggs with a tight-fitting lid and remove from heat; set aside for 8-10 minutes. Drain well and let cool before peeling and dicing.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, parsley, vinegar and Dijon. Stir in pasta, peas, eggs, bell pepper, onion, celery and cheese; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover; place into the refrigerator for 2 hours or up to 2 days.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/08/24/best-ever-classic-macaroni-salad/">Best Ever Classic Macaroni Salad</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.