The most amazing (and easiest!) melt-in-your-mouth beef tenderloin using the simplest ingredients!
Well, it’s a Christmas miracle!
Well, not really, just close enough.
Because this roasted beef tenderloin is just short of a miracle.
It’s just that good.
It melts in your mouth with every bite – so tender and so flavorful with the easiest seasonings ever.
And the whole process is easy peasy.
It requires a simple roast in the oven – all you need to do is keep an eye on it to make sure it reaches the desired doneness to avoid overcooking.
My only tip is to use an instant-read thermometer. That’s it!
It will be sure to wow all your guests come Christmas morning.
Or for your next dinner party. Or date night.
It’s seriously a win-win for all parties involved.
Best Beef Tenderloin with Creamy Mustard Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (3-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed and tied into 2-inch sections
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
For the creamy mustard sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon horseradish, or more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To make the creamy mustard sauce, whisk together sour cream, Dijon, horseradish and chives; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine vegetable oil, thyme and garlic.
- Let tenderloin stand at room temperature 1 hour. Using paper towels, pat tenderloin dry. Drizzle with vegetable oil mixture; season with salt and pepper, gently pressing to adhere.
- Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Place into oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F. Continue roasting until it reaches an internal temperature of 130-135 degrees F for medium-rare, about 15-25 minutes, or until desired doneness. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve immediately with creamy mustard sauce.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/12/14/best-beef-tenderloin-with-creamy-mustard-sauce/">Best Beef Tenderloin with Creamy Mustard Sauce</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.