This is truly the only way to prepare asparagus! Roasted perfectly until crisp-tender and served with a refreshing tarragon vinaigrette, soft-boiled eggs and freshly shaved Parmesan.
Our Spring doesn’t feel exactly like spring time just yet here in Chicago. It’s cold – like 35 degrees, still wearing Uggs, a parka, and a beanie/gloves type cold.
But that’s okay. I was able to find the most beautiful asparagus so I’ve been making this on repeat, forcing Spring into our homes. Sometimes I roast them but I also throw the asparagus right onto a grill and it is absolutely fantastic.
The asparagus cooks through very, very fast so make sure you have your refreshing tarragon vinaigrette and shaved Parmesan ready to go (fresh tarragon is ideal but dried also works).
For your eggs, you can soft-boil them on the stovetop or use the IP version. I tend to use the latter since there’s less babysitting.
If soft-boil ain’t your thing – it is all good. Medium or hard boil will also work beautifully here.
Serve with all that crusty no-knead/sourdough bread you’ve been baking through quarantine and say hello to 35 degree Spring.
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons diced shallot
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 soft boiled eggs, sliced or halved
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard and sugar; stir in tarragon and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Place asparagus onto the prepared baking sheet. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place into oven and roast for 12-15 minutes, or until tender but crisp.
- Serve immediately, topped with eggs and Parmesan, drizzled with olive oil mixture.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
The post Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan and Soft-Boiled Eggs appeared first on Damn Delicious.