My favorite 30-min weeknight meal! Made with hamburger meat and everyone’s favorite taco flavor goodness. Everyone will LOVE THIS!
It feels so good to be home! Although I do miss all the roosters and chickens roaming around the streets of Maui. Oh, and the fish tacos! I could live off of those fish tacos.
But I’m home now, reunited with Butters, and we have been stuffing our faces with this. Straight from the skillet. There’s just no plating here. Why bother, right?
Because we have the creamiest shells loaded with ground beef, homemade taco seasoning, cheesy goodness, and fresh cilantro. All made in 30 minutes or less.
Oh, and in case you’re wondering, we use pasta shells here so they can catch all the creamy sauciness.
Genius, I know.
Creamy Taco Shells
- 8 ounces medium pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 small poblano pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat. Set aside.
- Add onion and poblano, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic, chili powder and cumin until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in beef stock and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, beef, heavy cream and cilantro until heated through, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in cheese until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, topped with tomatoes.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
<p>The post <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/2018/12/11/creamy-taco-shells/">Creamy Taco Shells</a> appeared first on <a rel="nofollow" href="https://damndelicious.net/">Damn Delicious</a>.